Sunday, February 2, 2014

what a weekend

     I'm finally in MI.  It's a bit cold but not the coldest it has been this year.  I got to see my sweet niece, Eisley, and Ryan and Mandi.  They took mom and I to my favorite restaurant, National Coney Island (if it's not national, it's not coney).  I had tea and crumpets (short breads) with GG and mom.

     Today, we are celebrating dad's 60th and it's Superbowl day.  That means yummy dips and veggies, sausage and cheese, German chocolate cake and deviled eggs.  All my nephews niece and brothers and sisters will be here.  Maybe some cousins.  I've waited a long time to do this.  Usually, I get home a few times a year to get my family fix.  I'm really looking forward to this week, regardless how cold it gets.

     Friday, I got the nicest surprise ever.  The plan was to get drinks for our friend Jeff's birthday.  They ended up picking me up because they had errands in the area and Jeremy would be going straight to southern after work so it made sense.  Turns out it was a surprise party for me for the end of treatment.  I walked into the back and there were so many people huddled on the far wall.  I'm so glad I didn't cry but I was close.  To think of all the work that went into keeping it secret and putting it together.  I am overwhelmed with how much love and thoughtfulness surrounds me.  I am truly blessed.  I could not stop smiling.  There was a cancer pinata and pin the hair on Megan.  There were beads and mustaches.  It was a great night and thank you will never be enough to express my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment