Saturday, September 14, 2013

What a weekend!

     85 people were treated today for heat related illness at the concert...I was not one of them!  I had sun protective clothing, sunscreen, a big floppy hat, water spritzing fan and chilly towel.  Chilly towel is amazing.  I don't understand how it's possible but it turns warm water really cold for a long time.  I lasted all day and felt fine...not even close to over heating.

     The bands today were great.  We heard yesterday that Fun had cancelled.  I was not heart broken.  The replacement for Fun...John Fogerty!  Are you kidding? Best replacement ever!  I'm not sure who I enjoyed more, Fogerty or Mumford and sons.  No, I enjoyed Fogerty more.  While I love Mumford lyrics and instrumentals and feel like they are the first group in a long time worth listening to (they are actually talented, unlike most of what is on the radio nowadays), their music live is not on the same level as Fogerty.  It made me miss going to concerts like I used to back in the day.

    I'm so glad this weekend worked out.  It would have only been improved upon if Jeremy came with.  We have to come back though and see the town.  So much history and cool stuff to do.  Also want to mention how awesome my friends are.  They really looked out for me and did more than was necessary.  I'm a lucky girl:)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time Megan! So happy it all worked out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Fogerty...went to see him a few years back...great show.

    ReplyDelete