Friday, December 6, 2013

Doing alright

     The last treatment went well.  I was actually done in 3 hours instead of 4.  I no longer need the "red devil" (I can never remember the name of it...doxorubi-something) and other fluids I get can run together, cutting my time in the chair.  I also found out I do not need the neulasta shot anymore.  That is the shot that makes my marrow produce white blood cells faster which causes significant bone pain, so that's a bonus.  This one shot costs more than the treatment, facility, doctor, etc combined.  It is insane!  If you are going to get cancer...you better have insurance, that's all I'm gonna say.

     Today, I am experiencing some weird pain, not unlike the bone pain I would get from the shot.  It's a soreness in a knee, an elbow, an ankle, a few teeth, hips, bicep...totally random places.  It's not constant in each place.  It's moving around my body like I'm a pinball machine and every time the ball hits a spot it lights up.  So I'm uncomfortable.  I took a pill to make me more comfortable...still feel the pains but now I also feel a bit loopty-do.  I was going to do something outside of the house today but I'm not doing that anymore.

     My hair is growing back full force!  At the moment it's just long and white enough that it looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket.  I wonder if that really happens...if you were to put your finger into a socket would your hair stand up? I think it would have to be a pretty serious amount of voltage which might kill you.  Hmm.  Anyways, my hair was wet yesterday after showering and I could see long dark hair laying flat against my head.  As soon as I dried it, I couldn't tell it was dark anymore and you have to tilt your head just right in the light to really see how long it is. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment