Monday, December 16, 2013

Next

     I went down to Cape Coral for the weekend.  My plan was to pick mom up from the airport in Fort Myers but by the time I got to Donna's I wasn't feeling up to more time in a car.  I took my temperature once I got there and I was at 100.5!  I'm supposed to call the doctor and they always tell me to come in at 100.6.  Not exactly how I wanted to spend my weekend.  I laid down on the couch and it eventually went back down.  I think it was from driving with the sun on me for 2 hours.  I tried to use the window shade to block the sun as best I could.  How ridiculous is that!  A little bit of sun on my arm and neck for 2 hours and I get a fever.  Cancer is stupid and I am ready for this to be done!

     We had a great weekend though.  We went to see a song and dance Christmas show with dinner that was really cool.  We went shopping and out to eat, of course.  We went to the Edison/Ford house to see the pretty Christmas lights...it is a little odd sweating while looking at lights.  Then we went to Captiva/Sanibel island to drive through the Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary.  It was great to see so many birds (and 1 crab).  We ate at a restaurant on the beach called the Mucky Duck.  More pics...

Love mornings on the lanai with a cup of coffee

Awesome restaurant called Fords.  This is the sink in the ladies room.

Restaurant on the beach...I guess you'd rather see a picture of the beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment