Monday, December 30, 2013

last outpatient treatment

     Going out with a bang!  We showed up early for labs and had a 12:45 doc appt...got done with the doc at 1:50.  That's when they tell me my chair time is 1:30.  I rush upstairs and check in...They are 2 hours behind.  UGH!  That's ok because it's time for lunch.  We go to the cafeteria with a pager.  I had a nice salad and soup.  We met Wayne Ronald McDonald and played euchre.  He is from Holly, MI.  He comes down for 3 months and stays with his son.  I didn't catch what type of cancer he had but his daughter had breast cancer and he just lost his wife in February.  We enjoyed our game and I wished him well.  It was almost 4 with no page so we headed upstairs.  We sat down at a puzzle and met up with Wayne and his daughter again.  This time we built a puzzle.  They call a lady back who I overheard say her appt was at 2, so I go to the desk.  A mistake was definitely made and they got me back within minutes.  The main reason I wanted chemo today and not the 31st was so the $11,000 shot would fall under 2013.  Well turns out they are only open until 4 tomorrow and I can't get my shot until 8pm at the earliest.  So I'm scheduled to get the shot at 8am on the first.  I don't like when things don't work out the way I plan.

     They just told me they are moving me up to 5 north because they have too many patients.  I am regretting not getting treatment on the 27th like my doctor wanted.  I think I have an hour left.  I'd rather go sit out in the lobby and finish that puzzle, than go up to 5 north.  I wasn't excited to ring the bell (you get to ring it on your last treatment) but now I'm feeling like I want to put my fist through it.  I suppose that could be the steroid talking.  I will be so glad when I don't have to come up here anymore.  I'm a patient person but this place can get a little ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on ringing the bell....I understand the frustration...I would have ripped it of the wall myself. Glad you had a nice xmas....and hope 2014 is all smooth sailing from now on.

    ReplyDelete