Monday, November 11, 2013

A very nice weekend

     Saturday, J and I spent the day getting ready to host some of his friends from work.  They all wanted to see his brewing process.  We had all the party fixings that I love...cheese and crackers, summer sausage, veggies, fruit, etc.  Of course I can't forget the beer...some ciders, meades, yummy vanilla porter, and a bunch of others.  So that was all day Sunday.  Being that it is veterans day, J had today off as well.  We putzed around, went to the gym and then put up or holiday tree!




     This is not a Christmas tree.  I have rules...only one red object (for a pop of colour) until December.  All ornaments have to have a fall or thanksgiving theme and nothing with bells, Santa hats, or red and green in the same piece.  Once December comes everything comes down and Christmas related ornaments go up.  We did listen to Christmas music while we put it up...in fact Jeremy is still listening to Christmas music.  He doesn't ask for much and I don't really mind.  It is too early for Christmas songs but for putting up the tree, even though it is not a Christmas tree, I'll make the exception.  He did fluff up all the branches, which is my last favourite part so he can listen to whatever he wants!

     We are on the last season of breaking bad.  I can't wait to see what happens.  Somehow, I did not see any spoilers when the season ended and everyone was talking about it on Facebook.  

     I go in bright and early tomorrow to see if I can get my next treatment.  I've got to come up with something to do for this 5 night stay.  Last time I finished my scrapbook.  I have not been interested in reading anything lately.  I can't bring my wii with me and I'm kind of getting over this game I'm playing.  However, being the slightly ocd person I am, I must finish it.  I'm open to suggestions people.  If you had 5 days where you had to stay in your hotel room, and laying in bed all day was frowned upon, what would you do with your time?

     

1 comment:

  1. Your season tree is beautiful, I like your idea of seasonal then Christmas.

    ReplyDelete