Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm home!

     This was a good one.  It seemed to go fairly quick and without incident.  They actually got me out when my mesna was done and not 3 hours after.  My discharge nurse was most informative and I learned some new things that other nurses would deem unnecessary information.  I like to know the ins and outs and appreciate having too much information.

     Mom and I enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden, complete with salad.  Then we went to a matinee.  We saw The Heat.  It had some good parts but I felt like the best parts they already teased you with in the previews and then when you saw them in the film, there was nothing more to them.  The funniest parts were exactly what you saw in the previews.  After that, even though I was not hungry we stopped at Dairy Queen and I got the tiniest m&m blizzard.  Now we are home doing laundry and getting settled back in.  Mr Kitty is cleaning and Charles is hiding in the back room.  He is very vocal and affectionate when you go back to him but he rarely comes out to the common area for pets.

     Having labs done today and seeing the actual numbers to know I'm not neutropenic means I have a normal immune system and can eat restaurant salad and ice cream from a machine.  Tomorrow my numbers will probably be fine but eventually they will dip down and I will be susceptible to infection before my next appt.  It's better to be safe than sorry so I will be going back to the rules tomorrow but today I got to cheat without repercussion.  Of course I still might pay later for it just in a normal way :/.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day overall...maybe you'll luck out and not pay for anything later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know its like no matter how good you are you just have to have cake!

    ReplyDelete