Friday, August 23, 2013

Surprise

     I got a nice surprise this morning.  When I mentioned having one more night to go, the nurse asked if I was sure.  I did a recount and it turns out last night was my last night.  So I am home in my own bed with all of my favorites!  Tomorrow is Saturday so Jeremy doesn't have to work.  I imagine we will sleep in a little and then go have breakfast.  We definitely need to do some grocery shopping and maybe hit the gym.  I'm gonna keep it low key this week.  I have a concert coming up and I don't want to get off track again.

     The discharge process is still the slowest process happening at the hospital.  I spent about 2 hours in arts and finished up the last two episodes of orange is the new black.  They know I'm going home pretty early on in the day but for some reason can't get me out before 4.  Anyone who has ever been in charge of discharging a patient, please enlighten me on what could be the reason this takes so long.

     So they weigh me every morning.  I gain just about 10 lbs while they have me hooked up and are pumping fluids in me 24/7.  I feel disgusting right now.  Hopefully, that all goes away in a few days.

     I have been very productive since I got home.  Laundry in the dryer, hospital bag repacked, everything put away in its place.  Now it's time for tv in bed with my guys.  Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. The doctor is completely in charge of the discharge process. So if he has blood work drawn in the morning to make sure it is in fact safe to send you, then, like most docs, he sees other patients either in an office or in the hospital. They sre slow. Finally getting back to the blood results and finalize the paperwork for discharge. The nurse has no hand in delay really..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor is completely in charge of the discharge process. So if he has blood work drawn in the morning to make sure it is in fact safe to send you, then, like most docs, he sees other patients either in an office or in the hospital. They sre slow. Finally getting back to the blood results and finalize the paperwork for discharge. The nurse has no hand in delay really..

    ReplyDelete