Monday, June 17, 2013

What a good weekend!  I started out a little tired on Friday.  Saturday and Sunday, I didn't take any naps...although one of those nights I went to bed early.  Saturday we saw Superman in 3D.  It could have been a little shorter and a little quieter...I think the chemo is making me older than I already am.  We played canasta after that and I annihilated mom and Shawn (but we did not finish the game).  We had some Lee's pizza and Bo's ice cream for dinner.  Bo's employees need an attitude adjustment and I thought for a second Jeremy was about to give it to them.  I had a question about how they make a certain ice cream treat and the guy was very short and dismissive.  Apparently, he couldn't take my order because someone already started my "parties" order.  Totally fine if that were made clear when we stepped up.  I'm happy to play by their rules but I need to know what they are and if he hates his job so much well...

Anyways, Sunday we ran some errands and I finally decided we should go to IKEA (Shawn has never been) and get a table.  We have been without table for a month which wasn't a big deal until we wanted to play cards.  Plus now I have a place to build puzzles, paint and scrapbook.  We never really ate at the table.  I love our new table.  The price was right and it's nice and big for all of my activities.  After getting our table, we skipped over to TBBC and had some delicious shepherds pie.  Big thanks to Shawn and Jeremy for carrying heavy boxes up 3 flights of stairs after such a dinner (which included smore's for dessert) and building a table.  Not exactly what we had in mind for celebrating father's day.  We ended with the continuation of my canasta annihilation from yesterday.  They really didn't stand a chance but you can't leave a game unfinished.  It's just not right.

Today we took Shawn to lunch at the Wolf's Den.  They have good food and the place is covered in wolf memorabilia.  Shawn likes wolves so it was very fitting.  The owner of the place came up to our table.  His wife had recently passed away from ovarian cancer.  He told us their story and wished me luck.  He could see the port in my chest and of course the beanie on my head, so he knew more than most.  Moffitt gave her an additional 9 years and she gave them the ability to experiment and learn about ovarian cancer.  Such a nice man with a great outlook in bad times.  If you live in the Tampa area, go to the Wolf's Den.  It's near Wiregrass.  I never want to see his little business end.  He deserves whatever he wants and I hope he gets it.  On a sad note, his wife's doctor dismissed her concerns and symptoms like mine did.  By the time she got scans, her cancer was too far gone.  They gave her 2 years.  If something isn't right, request a scan.  Don't wait for a doctor or antibiotics to do nothing.  Worst case, your clean and have to pay a copay for peace of mind (unless you don't have insurance...then you are screwed). 

PICS!


Wolf's Den





7 comments:

  1. Very nice table and the pics are great. Glad you are enjoying yourselves....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you and Shawn had a good time together. Shawn told me he loved Ikea the best!! It's so sweet of him to help out with the table. Love it by the way! It looks as though someone has a hard time with it! Poor Kitty! lol As much as I missed my sweet Shawn I knew having him there would help lift your spirits even more! Shawn loved playing cribbage too! Although he has know clue how to teach me the game! Gotta love him! He tells me he has the most amazing sister! I totally agree! Jarrod wants you to know he loves you very much and hopes he can see you as soon as you get better! I love you too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady, looking good. Love the dress. The purse... I have the same one! Funny thing is I haven't used it yet. Bought it in winter and have been waiting on summer to arrive to switch purses. I love the picture of you on the floor helping put the table pieces together. There is something so innocent about you. So precious.

    Glad to hear you are keeping busy and moving about. And it is so great that your wonderful family is down there with you. Hopefully I will be seeing you soon.

    Love you much. Keep on keeping on. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be ready for strings pulling on that purse. They bother me but It's not supposed to last forever and It's still pretty.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will just use it on days that it goes with a particular outfit or something and not every day use.

      Delete
  4. Table looks nice. So glad you guys are having a good time, wush I vould be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new table!!!! It is the same one Tom and I bought for his apartment in Houston. Gotta love Ikea!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete