Thursday, May 23, 2013

     So just sitting around waiting for a phone call to let me know a room is open for me...lots of people getting chemo at Moffitt. 

     Had a great day yesterday.  A delicious breakfast at Sign of the Mermaid.  Highly recommend it to anyone in the Anna Maria area.  Skunked my Father-in-law in cribbage...and then he did it right back to me.  Cribbage is my new game.  It is so much fun!!  Found out there was a going away party for a good friend down at Jeremy's old shop.  I was feeling so good that I had me one or two of these

just a small 4 oz pour





     I stayed up way too late making sure I was ready to go into the hospital today.  Today, I have gotten so many things done, or at least underway.  It seems I will never be done talking to Metlife, Cigna, work, etc.  On a high note, my counts were so good that mom and I went to Fuschia for some chinese food.  It was delicious!  Miso soup, hot tea, sesame chicken, spring roll...are you hungry yet.  It was so good.  I highly recommend Fuschia for some chinese cuisine if you are in the New Tampa area.  It might even be as good as Szechuan Garden in Williamston...just saying, it's worth a try.

     And now we wait and wait and wait and then I check my phone to see I have a voicemail waiting.  No ring...why would anyone want a cell phone that actually rings when someone calls.  This is the second time this has happened today.  So my room is ready.  Guess it will be another cycle of chemo at midnight.  It's not like I have any other big plans for the next 6 days.  Gotta go...wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

  1. Does this begin round 2?

    Try and have some fun, dress up Mr. Bing and dance to your own music.

    Turn on your call light and when they answer just tell them you were checking on them to see if they need anything or had to go to the bathroom.

    Move all the furniture around so they walk into things in the dark.

    I have more but I'll save them for another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that ws great advise, if you have to be there might as well have a little fun.

      Delete
    2. Pulling the sheet up over your head gets the nurses all the time (sick I know) but I love seeing their reactions

      Delete
  2. Love you, girl, and love that you started this blog so I can keep up with what is going on. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete